Monday, July 23, 2012

Enter The Dragon

It was less than a year ago that the fateful voyage of the Duke of Lancaster met it's watery demise in the middle of the Atlantic. Now, the members of Thursday Night Hockey who survived the ordeal are going to test their fate again. On july 18th the NAHL will sponsor two boats to race in the first annual Dragon Boat Race on the Merrimack River. The league decided that they should go with the league's best and so it will be Blue and Green battling for bragging rights along the mighty Merrimack. "I will whip the men into shape in the next few weeks", said Mee Fung Yoo Lon Tiem a.k.a "The Karate Queen" who was hired by the NAHL to ready teams Blue and Green for the grueling event. "What could possibly go wrong?", said Gary "Toe" Blake. If we could survive the sinking of "The Duke" then we can survive along the Merrimack. "I don't know if I am ready to go back on the water", said Phil "The Commish" Stuart (this year's league MVP). "I have trouble sleeping at night. I wake up from nightmares that I am drowning in White's Park Pond", he lamented. The Commish and many others will work as volunteers along the banks of the Merrimack for the race. " I was o.k. with climbing Mt. Washington", said Tom "Berg" Bergault, "but, I don't think I can go back in the water ever again." The Mt. Washington climb has been rescheduled for a future date in order to make time for the dragon boat race. We look forward to seeing players, coaches and fans down along the banks of the Merrimack on July 18th. "I don't know if this will decide game eight, but, it certainly will set the tone for it", said Todd "Philby" Philbrick. "The entire city is anxiously awaiting game eight", said city mayor Jim Bouley. "I don't know about you, but, ICW4G8!

No comments:

Post a Comment