Friday, January 4, 2013

Rebel Without A Rebound Returns

It was the return of Kenny "Rebel Without a Rebound" Dean that sparked team Blue last night at the Doug. On Black Ice Ale night the rowdy fans of the NAHL were loud and proud of their Blue squad. Dean held team Green scoreless until midway through the third period. Blue jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. Green backstop Andy "Gump" Doherty was Green's best player all evening, facing wave after wave of Blue attackers. Doherty made 88 saves. The game was low scoring and close until midway into the second period when Blue firepower proved too much for Green. In the end, Blue skated away with a 7-3 victory. First star honors went to Kenny "Rebel Without a Rebound" Dean who had been out of the line up for over a month with carpal tunnel syndrome . He stopped 33 of Green's 36 shots. Green got a highlight reel goal from Jimmy "The Big Cum" Commerford who schooled the Blue defender on the effects of Black Ice Ale and decision making. "The Big Cum" is trying to catch league leading scorer Tom "Shemp" Champagne who had a goal and three assists for team Blue. Commerford is just four points behind Champagne and one point ahead of Tom "Philby" Philbrick who also had a goal and an assist for Blue. Philby is tied with Tom "TC" Carroll and Dave "Tilly" Tillotson for third in scoring. Reigning MVP  Phil "Commish" Stuart had no points last night and has dropped down to 65th in the scoring race.
"It was a great win for us", said Dean. "They ran out of Black Ice Ale too early and so many fans didn't stick around to see me lose my shut out. I tried not to think about it, but it's hard not to when my brain keeps saying, "don't think about a shut out". It's like when someone tells you not to think about a monkey and you think about a monkey. I thought about breaking my stick over the cross bar after Tilly broke my shut out, but then I thought about "Harry" and told myself that he's not in the league anymore. I don't want to be known as Kenny "Rebel Without a Stick" Dean. Some people think goalies are weird. I think that's weird that people think goalies are weird".

No comments:

Post a Comment